Recent Posts

Friday, April 17, 2009

My Life's Desire --- ONETHING



7 Verses that I want to shape my life:

1) "But ONETHING is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion which will not be taken away from her."
--Luke 10:42

2) "Not that I have already attained this, or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But ONETHING I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
--Phil 3:12-13

3) "ONETHING have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple."
--Psalm 27:4

4) "Or else let these men themselves say what wrongdoing they found when I stood before the council, other than this ONETHING that I cried out while standing among them: 'It is with respect to the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you this day.'"
--Acts 24:20-21

5) "He answered, 'whether he is a sinner I do not know. ONETHING I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.'"
--John 9:25

6) "John answered , 'A person cannot receive ONETHING unless it is given him from heaven.'"
--John 3:27

7) "And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, 'You lack ONETHING: go sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come follow me.'"
--Mark 10:21

2 comments:

Da Sciple said...

Man...

One thing. O so small a number yet it can have such a great impact. In most cases one thing is the difference between life and death.

Thanks for sharing these verses - i hope they shape my life too.

da' sciple

Robyn-Ann.com said...

"In most cases one thing is the difference between life and death."

So true.. soo true. And even when you don't 'die', you just live a life that is ineffective because it was spent on so many things, as is witnessed in so many Christian lives. I want my life to have laser-like effects... where everything in me is gathered, made alive, and channelled towards ONETHING.... and thus reaching that thing with intentional, passionate, success!

Lord! Give me
ONE pure and holy passion
ONE magnificent obsession
ONE glorious ambition for my life

..to KNOW AND FOLLOW hard after YOU!