Recent Posts

Monday, November 24, 2008

YES.. Jesus is my crutch.

If you pass someone stumbling, weak-bodied, and limping along on a crutch, would you taunt him, call him a pitiful handicapped, and proceed to yank the crutch from under his arm.? Most would answer no to this question.. but then do this very same act daily towards their Christian associates.

Many atheists, agnostics, pagans, neutrals and the like love to "enlighten" Christians by letting us know that our "Christianity is only a crutch for the weak".. needy.. foolish.... and to that I confidently respond, YES IT IS... and YES I AM.

Because, yes, I am that man. I am the weak, limping, stumbling leper in this walk of life. I am the retard who is a licensed professional at driving my life into obvious walls, off steep cliffs, and into dark waters with visible "do not feed the alligators" signs.. only to come out mauled EVERY SINGLE TIME; and with not just external losses mind you, but fatal internal injuries and shattered bones. Yes, I am that prideful handicap that cannot even stand, yet stubbornly pushes away all familial/loving support in an attempt to sprint off to my dream INDEPENDENTLY, believing "I can do anything I want if I just push myself hard enough".. and of course, FALLS FLAT on my back, PARALYSED no matter how many steps I managed to make forward. Yes, I am the terminally ill, who is foolish enough to think I will live a long life, and may even find immortality through my hard work and charity. *sighs*

It's really sad, I know.. but hey, the first step is realising I have a problem, and by golly I did, after discovering that my worsening shortness of breath was being caused by a hole in my heart (or spiritual PFO - it is congenital, meaning it’s a defect that exists from birth) [stroke.org].

I must say, it took a while to find help, since most kept offering me their blind, limited advice, or similarly broken bodies. Others were even confident enough to believe I could heal like they did by developing "self-improvement" habits. But it seems, I must have been a unique case, because I was broken beyond "self-repair". Others even assured me that "nothing is wrong with you, this is the norm for everyone". Thought all was lost, and even got depressed but got a wacko thought that saved my life-- "even a hi-tech robot is repaired by its creator", because only the developer would know the all the complex inherent factors that were hidden away behind the scenes. And thus the search began... and my physican was found... "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners." --MArk 2:17

It seems being messed up wasn't "normal" after all.. just the norm around here :-) So yes, Jesus is my crutch, my meds, and my chemotherapy... my warm blanket, my bandaid, and my vitamins... my Healer, my Physician and my preventative treatment. YES, Jesus is my all. So now that I'm taking my meds (which is the only reason I look barely stable) I can keep up with you guys, who ARE NOT sick, and thus don't need a physician.. BUT, by golly, I still need my crutch.. take it away, and I am as dead as a doorpost... so please stop trying to yank it from under me. Thanks, I appreciate it :-)


REFERENCES

"Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means,'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners." --Matt 9:12-13

Song of Solomon 8:5
Who is that coming up from the wilderness, leaning on her beloved?

Luke 11:34
Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness.

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?


Blind, hard-headed, cold-hearted, HANDICAP